Friday, November 20, 2009

If but two


"Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” Matthew 18:19-20

Can you stop a minute here
converse with me can we
agree together and make God
appear here in the midst of busyness ceased.

You swim so beautifully deep
strokes moving water moving
my heart want to know
you try to fly away.

The slanted rays of sun shimmer
the water swirls dancing to the tune
your movement stirs the universe
and yet you are alone.

If we could but agree
to be tow separate beings
floating in the arms of God
dancing on the water's surface
singing the night songs
of promised new dawn,
if we could agree we
could change the world.

If we are but two the last two
aching hearts shadows of former
greatness that has been lost
we still can bring God with us
Emmanuel, love for all times.

No comments: