Friday, September 13, 2013

Press On

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. Only let us hold true to what we have attained. Philippians 3:12-16

Press On

Waking in the soft light of morning
surrounded by tender night time warmth
pain and stiffness my companion
wanting to stay I press on.

Entering a world of dark rejection
wandering and looking for a safe house
night drops in close and clings fast
shaking with fear I press on.

Cold water and exposed skin
a deep turquoise tunnel of wave
hard packed sand and tossing tides
swimming against the current I press on.

Looking forward is the only way
singing silent hymns of praise
praying without ceasing against all odds
challenging cruelty I press on.

God can find us in our waiting
God will join us in the fight
never alone but always moving
God is with us so I press on.



No comments: