Saturday, September 19, 2020

Do Not Judge


Then Jesus cried aloud: “Whoever believes in me believes not in me but in him who sent me. And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. I have come as light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me should not remain in the darkness. I do not judge anyone who hears my words and does not keep them, for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my word has a judge; on the last day the word that I have spoken will serve as judge, for I have not spoken on my own, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I speak, therefore, I speak just as the Father has told me.” John 12:44-50

 Do Not Judge

Dear Eternal God of perfect love 
you taught us compassion and kindness
you gave us hearts that turn to you
 we are lost in a world of false judges. 

The harsh words of our daily lives
 falsehoods filled with cruel words
 are the venom of jealous hearts
 the hunger of selfishness and greed.

 You have called us to trust you fully
 to not judge others we don't understand
 to forgive, forgive and forgive again
 in these hard times it's a tall order. 

Renew us today so that we might love 
help us to follow you step by step 
make our moments times of redemption
 so the world might know you are here now. Amen

No comments: