Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Do not Hinder Them


And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them. Mark 10:13-16

Sit still, don't bang that now
don't touch that and no you can't
daily we inhibit, hinder and keep
away the love we desperately need.

Spinning, head back watching
clouds swirl and light against
the angry stone buildings
they hold us in they sit us down
we commune with the Creator
they give us a dark look.

We are messy, hands and face
dripping with food and slime
bodies always slightly out of control
a sweet touch is always at hand.

What I would give to have you climb
up in my lap so small and chubby
barely out of the baby stage
now you swipe your pass and
text me messages updates
teasing me, smiling from the distance.

Will you come home and show me God?

No comments: