Friday, July 5, 2013

Bountifully


With my voice I cry out to the Lord;
with my voice I plead for mercy to the Lord.
I pour out my complaint before him;
I tell my trouble before him.

When my spirit faints within me,
you know my way!
In the path where I walk
they have hidden a trap for me.

Look to the right and see:
there is none who takes notice of me;
no refuge remains to me;
no one cares for my soul.

I cry to you, O Lord;
I say, “You are my refuge,
my portion in the land of the living.”

Attend to my cry,
for I am brought very low!
Deliver me from my persecutors,
for they are too strong for me!

Bring me out of prison,
that I may give thanks to your name!
The righteous will surround me,
for you will deal bountifully with me. Psalm 142


Bountifully

Living in a strange land
seeing with outsider's eyes
little introduction to their ways
we fear falling under the spell.

They cannot understand our need
nor can they not imagine their own
a long way from home we cry
dark nights cover the tears.

The ancient voices surround us
mountains of memory revealed
as the clouds lift for the sun
we hear a new kind of invitation.

Not alone or abandoned but challenged
to embrace the water and the wild
people and children running free
from the past that they abhor.

We will carry our people with us
and show them the new visions here
our bounty will grow in our hearts
and God's strong arms will see us throuh.


No comments: