Tuesday, July 2, 2013

For Peace


In my distress I called to the Lord,
and he answered me.
Deliver me, O Lord,
from lying lips,
from a deceitful tongue.

What shall be given to you,
and what more shall be done to you,
you deceitful tongue?
A warrior's sharp arrows,
with glowing coals of the broom tree!

Woe to me, that I sojourn in Meshech,
that I dwell among the tents of Kedar!
Too long have I had my dwelling
among those who hate peace.

I am for peace,
but when I speak, they are for war! Psalm 120



For Peace

They fight for superiority
to be chosen first and win
from diapers to the board room
first is the only acceptable place.

Little girls smiling and muddy
sent to wash and behave
swallow their rage and draw
aching to run free in the sun.

We teach the art of war and winning
wondering in soft arm chairs why
they run from us a first freedom
and terrorize their sons and daughters.

I am for peace and forgiveness
of a soft heart and a malleable spirit
I am for being the potter's clay
and not the tools of destruction.

I want to be part of the heart of God
which aches for the broken and the lost
pounding with love for the excluded and shunned
seeking lost lambs in the dead of the night.



For

No comments: