Friday, November 21, 2014

Crying Out to God


Then Jesus told them a parable about their need to pray always and not to lose heart. He said, "In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor had respect for people. In that city there was a widow who kept coming to him and saying, 'Grant me justice against my opponent.' For a while he refused; but later he said to himself, 'Though I have no fear of God and no respect for anyone, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will grant her justice, so that she may not wear me out by continually coming.'" And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God grant justice to his chosen ones who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long in helping them? I tell you, he will quickly grant justice to them. And yet, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?" Luke 18:1-8 

Crying Out To God

It is truly broken Lord
I sit with the shards in hand
weeping over the loss
alone with my faults and shame.

The night chill descends upon me
like a blanket surrounding me with pain
this darkness is too deep for me
I might be swallowed up in this place.

This night I will cry out to you
my rock, my hiding place and my salvation
from time's beginning you are love
and you will come to me with compassion.

Despite the dampness and the drear
I will rise us in the early morning
I will light the lamps and set a place
for you are drawing near.

I will not dwell in evil's place
you will come and save us all
you will mend the sacred hoop
and bind the people together again.


No comments: