Monday, August 27, 2018

Raise Them Up



The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day; for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood abide in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like that which your ancestors ate, and they died. But the one who eats this bread will live forever.” He said these things while he was teaching in the synagogue at Capernaum. John 6:52-59 
Raise Them Up

Some days it is hard even
to raise a head from the bed
the noise of life overwhelms
the tasks ahead way too great.

The sun streaming through
reminds us of a brand new day
yet the scrams in the hallway
tells us there is work to do.

Bound together as a messy family
we start each day with great hope
there will be tears, shouting surely
yet we will rise for love is here.

We can tremble with fear today
we can dance with joy tomorrow
we will rise up and be made whole
even when the clouds amass around.

Rise up for every day is a last one
stand up for this is the very moment
hope is breaking through the torment
fear has been blotted out by love.



No comments: