Thursday, October 24, 2019

Bringing Justice

When Jesus became aware of this, he departed. Many crowds followed him, and he cured all of them, and he ordered them not to make him known. This was to fulfill what had been spoken through the prophet Isaiah:

“Here is my servant, whom I have chosen,
my beloved, with whom my soul is well pleased.
I will put my Spirit upon him,
and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
He will not wrangle or cry aloud,
nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets.
He will not break a bruised reed
or quench a smoldering wick
until he brings justice to victory.
And in his name the Gentiles will hope. Matthew 12:15-21

Bringing Justice

Their bodies lie hidden 
families cry out loud
children ache for Mama
there is no justice here.

Our daughter and mothers
missing and feared dead
their spirits aching our hearts
their homelands torn apart.

Many have taken the Gospel
made it part of their being
yet the silence has raised evil
which feeds on racial fears.

They cry out from tombs
they sings honor songs from prison
they chant to the four winds
for God to bring justice to victory.


No comments: