Monday, June 29, 2020

Feed My Sheep




When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my lambs.” A second time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Tend my sheep.” He said to him the third time, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter felt hurt because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” And he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep. Very truly, I tell you, when you were younger, you used to fasten your own belt and to go wherever you wished. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will fasten a belt around you and take you where you do not wish to go.” (He said this to indicate the kind of death by which he would glorify God.) After this he said to him, “Follow me.” John 21:15-19

Feed My Sheep

O God of all creatures small and great
we are full of worries and cares
yet you called us to follow you
to the hidden and distant places
so that we might care for others.

You shower us with love and abundance
yet daily we fret it will be all lost
we count, store up and hoard things
and we fail to share your generosity.

We want to be genuinely grateful
as we fail to see how love has redeemed us
we keep that love for ourselves as if
you don't have an endless supply for all.

Help us today to follow you here and now
help us to care for the most vulnerable
give us that love that casts out fear
set us on the blessing road of your servants. Amen

No comments: