Monday, June 1, 2020

My Soul Magnifies

In those days Mary set out and went with haste to a Judean town in the hill country, where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the child leapt in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and exclaimed with a loud cry, ‘Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And why has this happened to me, that the mother of my Lord comes to me? For as soon as I heard the sound of your greeting, the child in my womb leapt for joy. And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfilment of what was spoken to her by the Lord.’
And Mary said,
‘My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has looked with favor on the lowliness of his servant.
Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
for the Mighty One has done great things for me,
and holy is his name. Matthew 1:39-49



My Soul Magnifies

Wondrous and loving Creator
You chose to visit the lowly
You make your home with the poor
the downtrodden and silent are yours.

There are days when we see the good
these days we witness such violence
the wanton destruction of the marginalized
and it seems as if evil has won the day.

Yet You are love embodied and known
You came to dwell with the most unlikely
the too old and too young became mothers
they carried your hope and love anew.

Make us your people this day
quicken us with your love and service
make us rejoice like Mary and Elizabeth
God is with us and we are blessed. Amen



No comments: