Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Beauty of Holiness - Mary Letter Day 35


1 The LORD said to my Lord,
 “Sit at my right hand, * 
until I make your enemies your footstool.” 
2 The LORD will send the scepter 
of your power out of Zion, * 
saying, “Rule over your enemies 
round about you. 
3 Nobility has been yours 
from the day of your birth; * 
in the beauty of holiness 
have I begotten you, 
like dew from the womb of the morning.” 
4 The LORD has sworn and will not recant: * 
“You are a priest for ever 
after the order of Melchizedek.” 
5 The Lord who is at your right hand 
will smite rulers in the day of his wrath; * 
he will rule over the nations. Psalm 110:1-5





Dear Elizabeth,

I am writing to you since again, I do not want to trouble Mama an Papa. The soldiers have been scouring our neighborhood again. We thought things had eased up, but the pressure to find the baby king is on again. The gift of having accommodations in a stable is that here is not the first place they look. In fact, they are still checking rooms at the inn and mostly the fancier ones than here. Joseph is making a plan for us to leave under cover of darkness in the next day or two. He has had troubling dreams and is worried for the little boy. He wants to keep us both safe.

Auntie, it is likely that it will be a while before I see you. The road home is very exposed as is the way to your home. Joseph has been consulting with his family here as to where we might hide for a time. We might need to live rough for a time as well. I do not look forward to continuing being a stranger in strange lands. Yet, folks have been kind here, and I must trust that God will keep us safe. 

We still have some money and our hosts are busy now making foods for us. A lot of dried meats and fruits along with unleavened bread that will keep for a long time. I so wanted to go right home and have Mama and Papa by my side as this little boy grows. I do have Joseph by my side, who has proven to be more loving and strong than I could have ever expected. Please pray for us. This may be my last letter for a long time. I am scared, Auntie, so pray for courage and strength in the coming days. Thank you for all you have done for me!

Much love,

Mary


No comments: