Monday, January 3, 2022

Sing Out Your Joy - Mary Letter Day 33


1 Sing to the Lord a new song, * 
for he has done marvelous things. 
 2 With his right hand and his holy arm * 
has he won for himself the victory. 
 3 The Lord has made known his victory; * 
his righteousness has he openly shown 
in the sight of the nations. 
4 He remembers his mercy and 
faithfulness to the house of Israel, *
 and all the ends of the earth 
have seen the victory of our God. 
 5 Shout with joy to the Lord, 
all you lands; * 
lift up your voice, rejoice, and sing. 
 6 Sing to the Lord with the harp, * 
with the harp and the voice of song. 
 7 With trumpets and the sound of the horn * 
shout with joy before the King, the Lord. 
 8 Let the sea make a noise and all that is in it, * 
the lands and those who dwell therein. 
 9 Let the rivers clap their hands, * 
and let the hills ring out with joy before the Lord, 
when he comes to judge the earth. 
10 In righteousness shall he judge the world * 
and the peoples with equity. Psalm 98


Dear Mama,

We are hovering inside these days as a winter chill has set upon the city. Our host came and brought extra blankets last night and was very apologetic. I promised him I knew that he didn't control the weather or the slowness of the government. The sheepskin pelts that the shepherds brought on their last visit have been so incredibly warm. We've been bundling the baby in one and laying him down on another. At night, he has been sleeping with us for the warmth.

The wise women made a visit and did a thorough check. They say I will be ready to travel in a few days. At this point, Mama, I am no longer embarrassed by their exams!  It seems like ages ago that I was so young and so naïve.  My life is now all about this little one. I am no longer concerned for myself and there's nothing I wouldn't do to keep him safe. I am so grateful for all that you have taught me. Every time I find myself faced with something I don't know how to do, I just ask myself, "what would Mama do?" You are a great mother and a great teacher. I hope I can make you proud! I cannot wait until you can see this wonderful boy!

Joseph has been diligent in getting through with the paperwork. They make it so complicated and there is always another step before he's through. He has kept his temper even though this is so frustrating. He has been such a help to me. I know some men think babies are women's work alone. Joseph loves to bath him and change him. He will walk with the baby, sing to him and give me time to rush. How lucky and blessed I am, Mama.

As soon as our plan for traveling home are set, I will send word. We may have to go another way home, if the rumors of threats to a newly born "king" are true. We will be safe and keep this little boy safe. Mama. Love to Papa.

Love,

Mary


No comments: