Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Unbelief

And when Jesus had finished these parables, he went away from there, and coming to his hometown he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, “Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household.” And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief. Matthew 13:53-58

Unbelief

I'm not sure if I can change
and sure I am the same scared kid
sure that I have feet of clay
and everyone sees the scars.

The hometown still the same
I have changed but they don't see
I'm just too big for my britches
and everything here is suddenly small.

A child of promise and talent
encouraged and promoted as a child
suddenly shunned for silly reasons
always the victim of jealous hearts.

Sojourner, traveler, homeless wandering
the world is no longer a home
it cannot contain the beauty
the revealed heart of God.

Incarnate living divine
may our hearts and lives
be sanctuaries for your grace
a place form which to grow love.

No comments: