Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Do Not Worry


 ‘And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God; but whoever denies me before others will be denied before the angels of God. And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. When they bring you before the synagogues, the rulers, and the authorities, do not worry about how you are to defend yourselves or what you are to say; for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that very hour what you ought to say.’ Luke 12:8-12



Do Not Worry

Oh so easy to say out loud
so hard to live out within
do not worry about it
but I am shaking in my boots.

My heart is beating so hard
my mind races with possibilities
and fear running through my veins
knowing the end might come anytime.

God help my sleepless restless body
my shaking hands and quaking heart
as my fate is splayed out in public
my small little self reaching for a hand.

Teach me to breathe in and out again
show me how to measure my steps
help me delight in this fragile journey
walk me through the fire with a song.

I will sing your songs in the dark night
when morning light shines help me listen
as dawn is braking let me be grateful
for a new day of your love given today.


No comments: