Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The Family of God



Jesus said, “When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it wanders through waterless regions looking for a resting place, but it finds none. Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ When it comes, it finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then it goes and brings along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and live there; and the last state of that person is worse than the first. So will it be also with this evil generation.”

While he was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brothers were standing outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.” But to the one who had told him this, Jesus replied, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” And pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” Matthew 12:43-50 
The Family of God

She heard the Creator's voice
a young girl child on a mission
she faced down fear and monarchs
changed the world in her time.

They dropped nets and walked
following a man of no means
they lost much and witnessed more
changing the world in their time.

They've left comfort and security
hearing the words with their hearts
strangers healing ravaged lands
they changed the world as well.

So in our time we are God's family
will we risk it all to bring love?
can we move beyond our comforts
to change the world in God's time?




No comments: