Saturday, January 5, 2019

Abide - Mary Letter Day 34




Jesus said, ”I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinegrower. He removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit. You have already been cleansed by the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me as I abide in you. John 15:1-4


Dear Auntie,
Joseph has started packing us up for the journey home. The wonderful people here at the inn are preparing all sorts of foods and dried fruits for our travels. We have been overwhelmed with kindnesses, too many to write in detail now. I feel we have had a home here despite how recently we arrived. Instead of a frightful, lonely city, we found people with big hearts who made room for us. I am looking forward to being back home, in that place where our hearts truly abide. I can't wait to be rooted again, among family and clan!
The shepherds who have regularly visited since the night of Jesus' birth, are going to lead us out of the city as part of their caravan. It will make it easier for us to escape the notice of the authorities, if they are looking for us. The women are insisting that we disguise ourselves when we are anywhere near other people. I think it is all silly, but I am not willing to argue with them! These elders know their minds and aren't afraid to share them! I know that Momma would agree with them.
The little boy has grown so much and I long to have you meet him. The cousins will have many days to play in the coming years!
Much love,
Mary

No comments: