Friday, January 4, 2019

The Way - Mary Letter Day 33



Jesus said to Thomas, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, you will know my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

Philip said to Jesus, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; but if you do not, then believe me because of the works themselves. Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If in my name you ask me for anything, I will do it.” John 14:6-14 

Dear Elizabeth,

It seems that we will be on the road again soon. Joseph's relatives visited yesterday and were helping us plan our trip home. They are very concerned about the politics around here and have heard that there are soldiers looking for us! They will help in every way, but they also are afraid for themselves. Several times in the past few days, they have been harassed by government officials who ask about us. Can you believe it? It's as of all the troubles of home have followed us here into the big city. Joseph was terribly troubled after they left, and he is set on getting us on the road soon. I am more than ready to see Momma and Poppa!

Our little one is growing so quickly. He is hungry all the time and noisy about it! He has been sleeping well and the local women seem charmed by him. They find reasons to stop by and check on us. Several will watch him so that I can sleep, which has been a God send! I will truly miss their kindnesses and help. I don't know if I could make it without them and worry that our trip might be even more challenging than before. Doing all of this alone scares me a good deal. We will find a way, I am sure, but do wish we could be settled and secure. 

I will try to write again when our plans are set. I don't know which route that Joseph will choose, as he has to avoid the more well known roads. We might be able to stop and see you on our way home, but I just don't know anything yet.

much love,

Mary







No comments: