Thursday, January 9, 2020

Light of the World

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.” Then the Pharisees said to him, “You are testifying on your own behalf; your testimony is not valid.” Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid because I know where I have come from and where I am going, but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I judge no one. Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is valid; for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me. In your law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is valid. I testify on my own behalf, and the Father who sent me testifies on my behalf.” Then they said to him, “Where is your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also. John 8:12 -

Light of the World
From the safety of my bed
I look for your light
remembering the storms
when the fierce wind shook
every fiber of this house.

I remember the storms
alone out on the ocean
deep darkness and swells
so high I could not stand
yet still you showed me the way.

Light of the world when tears
hopelessness and grief
were my only sustenance
you still lit the way home
brought me safely to shore.

I can acknowledge or ignore you
yet still the love light shine
still the darkness is broken
still there is a way back home
and still you give light for all.

No comments: