Friday, January 3, 2020

Mary Letter Day 34



O God, arise, and let your enemies be scattered; *
let those who hate you flee before you.
Let them vanish like smoke when the wind drives it away; *
as the wax melts at the fire,
so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
But let the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; *
let them also be merry and joyful.
Sing to God, sing praises to God’s Name;
exalt the One who rides upon the heavens; *
The Name of our God is the LORD; rejoice before the LORD!
Defender of widows, father of orphans, *
God in heaven’s holy habitation!
God gives the solitary a home and brings forth prisoners into freedom; *
but the rebels shall live in dry places.Psalm 68:1-6

Dear Auntie,


I was sick for a day or so and now Joseph has been struck down with the same. Poor thing, he has been so faithful and so brave. He doesn't want me to fuss over him. He need to sleep and I am letting him do that. In a few minutes I am going out to find so tea in the market to brew for him. I hope I can find the herbs that Momma always brewed for me.
Our little son grows bigger every day! When we wake in the morning, it seems as if he is taller and so much heavier than they day before. The wise women came and checked both of us out and gave us both good marks. They told me to rest more and for both of us to get more fresh air. I do not know where to go in this crowded, dirty city for truly fresh air! I will try to follow their advice. They were worried that I wasn't eating enough. I told them I was hungry all the time and seemed to eat all the time. They told me that was good for my milk since I was feeding two of us. Well, I guess I can eat hearty then!
The threat from the king's soldiers seems to have died down. There is no evidence of troops around these past days. I don't know why anyone would ever want to kill anyone, nor go to war! There are enough troubles in this world without making more! Sending young men to fight old men's battles seems horrible. Let them settle their own disputes. I pray all the time for peace and a speedy return home. We have been here so long and the paperwork is still not done! Joseph persists and the innkeepers have been so understanding. They treat Jesus like their own grandchild! I pray I can see you and your family soon after my return. There are so many stories to tell.

much love,
Mary


No comments: