Saturday, January 2, 2021

Mary Letter - Day 35


1 At all times I will bless the LORD; * 
whose praise shall ever be in my mouth.
 2 I will glory in the LORD; * 
let the humble hear and rejoice. 
3 Proclaim with me the greatness of the LORD; * 
let us exalt the Name of the LORD together. 
4 I sought the LORD, who answered me * 
and delivered me out of all my terror. 
5 Look upon the LORD and be radiant, * 
and let not your faces be ashamed. 
6 I called in my affliction and the LORD heard me * 
and saved me from all my troubles. 
7 The angel of the LORD encompasses the God-fearing, * 

and the LORD will deliver them. 
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; * 
 happy are they who trust in the LORD! Psalm 34:1-8

Dear Mama and Papa,

We went to the temple in Jerusalem yesterday for the baby's purification. I wish you could have been with us, but since we are here and the time had come, we went ahead. The temple is so beautiful but so very crowded. There were many other babies to be attended to. We bought the turtle doves from a seller inside the temple, but they were very expensive. Since we haven't had to spend much money on our lodging, we were able to afford the cost. He was so good during all of it. We were surprised by the attention he received. The priest was kind but obviously distracted. But after the ceremony, two elders, one man and one woman, stopped to tell us of the importance of the child. We were speechless. We know that God is doing something through and with us, but we didn't expect others to understand and know.

Joseph is making progress with the registration, although, since we do not live here permanently, there are more hoops to jump through. He has to bring in several of his relatives to speak on his behalf. I am always amazed at how a simple thing can be turned into such a complex puzzle at the hands of this government. So many rules and so little compassion. Ah well, it is a part of life.

The baby gets bigger by the hour! I can't wait for you to see him and hold him. I am still amazed that he was once a part of me. Now he is his own self, full of curiosity and movement. He is a good baby, Mama! I am healing well and so looking forward to coming home. I love you both so very, very much!

love,

Mary

No comments: