Friday, December 20, 2019

Mary Letter Day 20


Save me, O God, by your Name; in your might, defend my cause.
Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth.

For the arrogant have risen up against me, and the ruthless have sought my life, 
those who have no regard for God.
Behold, God is my helper; it is the Lord who sustains my life.
Render evil to those who spy on me; in your faithfulness, destroy them.
I will offer you a freewill sacrifice and praise your Name, O LORD, for it is good.
For you have rescued me from every trouble, and my eye has seen the ruin of my foes. Psalm 40






Dear Momma and Papa,

The traveling is both exciting and terrifying. I move very slowly these days, my belly being so great and I tire so easily.  I feel so bad that Joseph has to put up with my moodiness and my tears. I can't seem to help it. He has been so kind and gentle. I feel blessed to have a husband who is willing to put up with the mess I am right now.

We spent a nice evening with Aunt Phoebe. She fed us well and told us stories about how you all were when young. She is hilarious and I laughed so much my ribs hurt! The room she gave us for the night was quite elegant and I fell asleep immediately on the soft feather bed. We are not packed and ready for the next part of the trip.

It looks as if it will be another two or three days of travel. Joseph is anxious about the registry deadline. He hasn't heard from his relatives in the city either. He is hoping they will give us a place to stay while he takes care of business. It would be nice to be with family in the big city. As we get closer, folks tell us of the wonders and the dangers of the city. I get frightened when I hear about robbers and gangs. But Joseph assures me that he knows the city well and knows how to keep us safe. Momma, you don't need to worry, Joseph is taking care of all the details! We'll send word when we arrive.

Much love,

Mary

No comments: