Wednesday, April 10, 2013

From the Beginning


“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.” John 17:20-26


From the Very Beginning for my daughters

From the very beginning
I could not help but love you
thrilled and excited by your arrival
worried about my own adequacy.

Before you had life and breath
I drew three little angels
imagining you before your time
wanting you from the beginning.

From the beginning there was love
giving birth to love embracing you
wrapping you up in soften skins
and guiding you each step of the way.

God created marvelous beings
to show us a glimpse of Divine love
to show us that we are the Creator's image
fashioned by love from the beginning.

From the very start love doesn't hold
onto the scrapes and the battles
the sleepless mights or the chaos
but clings to the beauty embedded deep.

We pray and hope and dream
with you cradled in our arms
and love you at a distance now
as we loved you from the very beginning.

No comments: