Friday, January 2, 2015

Mary Letter - Day 33- Bread of Life


Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away; for I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.”
Then the Jews began to complain about him because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” They were saying, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, ‘I have come down
from heaven’?”
Jesus said, “I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”  John 6:35-42, 48-51 

Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

this will be very short because the day has gotten away from us. A young boy cam running at first light to tell us there were rumors that people were looking for us. Several of the neighbor women thought maybe the crowd from yesterday had told authorities where we were. The Inn keeper and his wife sen us into the nearby hills to a cousin's house, in case there was trouble today. They hid our belongings and cleaned up the stable so there was no evidence of us. The cousins were welcoming, but had us hide in their back rooms and try to keep the baby quiet in case the authorities came around.

It was a long, anxious making day. We had food to eat but really didn't feel like eating we were so nervous. Joseph insisted I eat, even if it was small bits at a time. He wants to make sure I am strong enough to feed Jesus. We were very quiet all day, and our sweet little one cooperated well. It was just so hard! And it seems wrong that we have to hide this love away!

In the end, it was nothing important. Someone was coming through looking for a young king but they went  directly to the palace. No one looks in a stable for a king! It was right to be cautious, but I am exhausted. This parenthood thing is a real challenge, everyday.

Good night

love

Mary

No comments: