Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Life of the World


Then the Jews began to complain about him because he said, ‘I am the bread that came down from heaven.’ They were saying, ‘Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, “I have come down from heaven”?’ Jesus answered them, ‘Do not complain among yourselves. No one can come to me unless drawn by the Father who sent me; and I will raise that person up on the last day. It is written in the prophets, “And they shall
 all be taught by God.” Everyone who has heard and learned from the 
Father comes to me. Not that anyone has seen the Father except the
 one who is from God; he has seen the Father. Very truly, I tell you,
 whoever believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life. Your
 ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is
 the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of 
it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. 
Whoever eats of this bread will live for ever; and the bread that I
 will give for the life of the world is my flesh.’ John 6:41-51

Life of the World

Few would give the hungry food
or bring sight to the sightless ones
fewer even those who house homeless
welcoming prisoners and saints alike.

Too busy to see the visible suffering
too important to take the time
too isloted to admit to our need
we stumble through the world so hungry.

Life has been given for all to live
sea creatures and mammals God's delight
bending limbs and budding flowers
life was given for all of this creation.

For the life of the world we too live
turning and stopping to take it in
wrapping our arms around the firghtened
open the windows wide for the light.


No comments: