Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Truth



Jesus prayed to the Father, “While I was with them, I protected them in your name that you have given me. I guarded them, and not one of them was lost except the one destined to be lost, so that the scripture might be fulfilled. But now I am coming to you, and I speak these things in the world so that they may have my joy made complete in themselves. I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but I ask you to protect them from the evil one. They do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you have sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, so that they also may be sanctified in truth.” John 17:12-19 

Truth

Good Christian people stole them
to fix them, to make them useful
these sweet little tiny children
forcefully pulled from sobbing mothers.

Their truth was thought to be
founded in the sacred Word
yet it was corrupted by blindness
soured by the milk of hating difference.

Our national truth is simply this
we are greedy and hungry to possess
another's land and soul and children
we are unwilling to head the call.

The call for truth in the Creator's word
is a call to humble ourselves completely
then we will see the real need around us
and  be justice, welcome and peace.



No comments: