Thursday, November 15, 2018

Squander

Then Jesus said to
 the  disciples, 
‘There was  a rich
 man who had 
a manager, 
 and charges
 were brought to 
him  that this man 
was squandering
 his property.
 So he summoned
 him and said to
 him,  “What  is
 this that I hear
 about you?



 Give me an account  of your management, because you cannot be my manager any
 longer.” Then the manager said to  himself, “What will I do, now that my master is
 taking the position away  from me? I am not strong enough to dig, and I am ashamed
 to beg. I have decided  what to do so that, when I am dismissed as manager, people
 may welcome me into  their homes.”

 So, summoning his master’s debtors one by one, he asked the first, “How
 much do you owe my master?” He answered, “A hundred jugs of olive oil.”
 He said to him, “Take your bill, sit down quickly, and make it fifty.” 
Then he asked another, “And how much do you owe?” He replied, 
“A hundred containers of wheat.” He said to him, “Take your bill and 
make it eighty.” And his master commended the dishonest manager
 because he had acted shrewdly; for the children of this age are more
 shrewd in dealing with their own generation than are the children of 
light. And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of dishonest
 wealth so that when it is gone, they may welcome you into the eternal
 homes. Luke 16:1-9

Squander

How can you take for granted
the beauty, the whisper, the mystery
for all you ever wanted in this life
was a true sense of belonging.

Entrusted with great golden gifts
you squandered and resented
thought yourself so much better
that you deserved royal treatment.

Love was too simple for you
you wanted fame and fortune
you took others hard earned wages
and made them your very own.

Yet when you were pursued
you worked hard to save yourself
you could have used a little effort
to turn and change the world.

Life and love were given whole
you had it all from the beginning
you thought yourself deserving
and found yourself serving all.




No comments: