Thursday, January 2, 2020

Mary Letter Day 33




At all times I will bless the LORD; whose praise shall ever be in my mouth.
I will glory in the LORD; let the humble hear and rejoice.
Proclaim with me the greatness of the LORD; let us exalt the Name of the LORD together.
I sought the LORD, who answered me and delivered me out of all my terror.
Look upon the LORD and be radiant, and let not your faces be ashamed.
I called in my affliction and the LORD heard me and saved me from all my troubles.
The angel of the LORD encompasses the God-fearing, and the LORD will deliver them.
Taste and see that the LORD is good; happy are they who trust in the LORD! Psalm 34


Dear Momma and Papa,


The weather here turned very cold and I had a bout of sickness. Most of last night, I couldn't keep anything down. I don't know if living in a stable is the healthiest thing for us, but we are warm and dry here. We had the 8th day ceremony yesterday, and Joseph thinks it might have been too early for me to be out and around so many people. I told him I wasn't fragile! He laughed and said that was the truth! We laughed together, despite how awful I felt. I am much better now, but not eating but very small amounts, so as not to upset my stomach again.

Baby Jesus is remarkable. He is making all sorts of sound that resemble singing. He is radiant when he smiles and we have a hard time doing anything else than holding our little boy. He sleeps well and eats well. I was worried that being sick would upset his milk but so far, he seems happy and contented. The nights are long sometimes, with feedings every few hours, but once he is fed, he is content to go back to sleep. If Jesus isn't immediately sleepy, Joseph loves to rock him while I go back to crawl back under the covers. We have a good system so far. I wish though, you were part of all of this, Momma and Papa. I write down his changes and movements when I can, so I can share them with you when I get home. I can't wait to be back at home!

We are expecting a visit from the wise woman and the midwife. They want to check me out since they heard I wasn't well and want to make sure both mother and baby are fine. I really appreciate their concern. Being so far from home, they have helped me so much. They are no substitute for you, Momma, but they have been a Godsend in this time of being strangers, a long way from home. I have so much more to say, but I must go as my visitors have arrived.


love always,

Mary

No comments: