Monday, January 27, 2014

Your Son Will Live


When the two days were over, he went from that place to Galilee (for Jesus himself had testified that a prophet has no honor in the prophet's own country). When he came to Galilee, the Galileans welcomed him, since they had seen all that he had done in Jerusalem at the festival; for they too had gone to the festival. 

Then he came again to Cana in Galilee where he had changed the water into wine. Now there was a royal official whose son lay ill in Capernaum. When he heard that Jesus had come from Judea to Galilee, he went and begged him to come down and heal his son, for he was at the point of death. Then Jesus said to him, "Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe." The official said to him, "Sir, come down before my little boy dies." Jesus said to him, "Go; your son will live." The man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him and started on his way. As he was going down, his slaves met him and told him that his child was alive. So he asked them the hour when he began to recover, and they said to him, "Yesterday at one in the afternoon the fever left him." The father realized that this was the hour when Jesus had said to him, "Your son will live." So he himself believed, along with his whole household. Now this was the second sign that Jesus did after coming from Judea to Galilee. John 4:43-54 

A Parent's Prayer

My heart is breaking for my son
My heart is breaking for my daughter
there is no strength left to fight
no money left for cures and medicine
there is only my breaking heart. 

This child of mine the joy of my heart
 the one who used to run through the fields
struggles to breath, struggles to live
I would change places with them
I would take all their pain and bear it.

They are my heart my little ones
they may be grown and fiercely independent
but in this aging being they are my heart
renewed every day by their love
I would sacrifice all  for extra time.

God knows the father's heart the mother's also
God's heart is a parents' heart leaping and breaking
reaching out in love, joy and hope and quivering
with desire to bring all children safely home
deliver all goodness and healing to all
aching to bind up each and every wound.

No comments: