Thursday, March 7, 2019

Behold, the Lamb of God


The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and declared, “Here is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! This is he of whom I said, ‘After me comes a man who ranks ahead of me because he was before me.’ I myself did not know him; but I came baptizing with water for this reason, that he might be revealed to Israel.” And John testified, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him. I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain is the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ And I myself have seen and have testified that this is the Son of God.” John 1:29-34

Behold the Lamb of God

Behold the little child born for all
sacrificial lamb for our brokenness
the most humble Savior of the world
living in the midst of the flock.

Not set apart on a high hilltop
nor seated on a throne of shining gold
but walking the dusty roads with us
bruised and battered by a cruel world.

He moves among us still today
this gift of life among the stars
the embodiment of living love
set down here amidst the rabble.

Behold the lamb who fears not
precious and perfect yet born for us
we who would deny and turn from God
have been sent a gift to dwell with us.


No comments: