Friday, April 15, 2022

Good Friday 2022


Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, where are you going?” Jesus answered, “Where I am going, you cannot follow me now; but you will follow afterward.” Peter said to him, “Lord, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.” Jesus answered, “Will you lay down your life for me? Very truly, I tell you, before the cock crows, you will have denied me three times.” John 13:36-38

Loving Creator, what can we say
for we have betrayed your love
we have sold off our Mother Earth
and turned the sacred into commodity.

Yet you would sacrifice your life for us
you would bear a beating and lashes
and hang in agony on a wooden cross
for love of us, your sinful and cruel children.

Though we do not deserve your love
you pour love over us like water falls
you drench us in wondrous compassion
and forgive us time and time again.

Help us to look upon your cross today
and see the love in its' barrenness
in the pain and the sorrow restore us
so that we might love all as you do. Amen.

No comments: