Tuesday, October 24, 2023

My Burden is Light


At that time Jesus said, ‘I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. ‘Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.’ Matthew 11:25-30

Yesterday was my Sabbath day, my day off which I often fill with appointments with doctors and the like. Sometimes, I can feel like my schedule is too much and my burdens are too great. We all can relate to that. And on days like this, I am grateful of Jesus' words. "Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." We never carry our burdens alone.We have Jesus to walk with us at all times.

Wondrous God, who gave us days for work
and nigh times for rest, sleep and dreaming
you are with us in all our work and resting
renewing us for the challenges of the days ahead.

We often fail to see you by our sides
we too often this we are on our own
we forget to look for you in the hard times
and forget to thank you in the blessed moments.

Help us, dear Savior to know you in everything
may we bring our sorrows and burdens to you
knowing that you are carrying them with us
and finding resolution and healing for every problem. Amen.

No comments: