Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Mary Letter Day Twenty Seven


1 I will bless the Lord at all times; * 
his praise shall ever be in my mouth. 
 2 I will glory in the Lord; * 
let the humble hear and rejoice. 
 3 Proclaim with me 
the greatness of the Lord; * 
let us exalt his Name together. 
4 I sought the Lord, 
and he answered me * 
and delivered me out of all my terror. 
 5 Look upon him and be radiant, * 
and let not your faces be ashamed. 
 6 I called in my affliction 
and the Lord heard me * 
and saved me from all my troubles. 
 7 The angel of the Lord 
encompasses those who fear him, * 
and he will deliver them. 
 8 Taste and see that the Lord is good; * 
happy are they who trust in him! 
 9 Fear the Lord, you that are his saints, * 
for those who fear him lack nohing. 
10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger, *
 but those who seek the Lord 
lack nothing that is good. 
 11 Come, children, and listen to me; * 
I will teach you the fear of the Lord. 
12 Who among you loves life * 
and desires long life to enjoy prosperity? 
 13 Keep your tongue from evil-speaking * 
and your lips from lying words. 
14 Turn from evil and do good; * 
seek peace and pursue it. Psalm 34:1-14

Dear Mama,

because of the heightened presence of soldiers in Bethlehem, we have decided to stay put a little longer and not risk taking our baby boy on the journey home yet. Although they don't seem to be focused on children as much as they were, there are so many soldiers, it doesn't seem to be a good risk. I am tired from waiting and watching. I know it's the right thing to do. and yet I ache to be home with you and Papa. I know you will love him and enjoy watching him grow. I am so blessed to have Joseph as a husband. He is not like many other men. He loves being with the baby and is so willing to wash and change him. He i such a proud Papa!

The paperwork for Joseph is ready to be picked up, finally! We can travel anytime now, although Anna, our innkeeper want me to be checked out by the wise women here to make sure it is safe for me to travel. She fusses over me like a mother hen! I am truly grateful for her help and generosity but would rather be home with you, Mama. I will never complain about your mothering or fussing ever again. I took for granted your love and care for me, but I never will again. You are one in a million, Mama, and I miss you terribly. Please let Papa know how much I miss him too. I am sure he will love this little boy too! I hope you both can forgive my impatience and misbehaviors. I now know how much you love me and were doing everything for my best. Everything we do now is for the best for little Jesus. He's a good baby but still requires our constant care and attention. I didn't understand all your worrying, but now I do!  Please pray that the military presence lessens, and we can come home soon! I pray for you and for our speedy return.

Love,

Mary

No comments: