Friday, April 30, 2010

Create in Me


Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice.
Hide your face from my sins,and blot out all my iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.
Psalm 51:7-12


Create in me a clean heart
for I am cast down wet mud
clings to my being, I am
bent low with pain raw earth
tugging at my soul.

I have come to plant
a garden, black soil loamy
and rich but I am broken
spade and rake lie useless
and I am unable to grow.

You are my Creator earth you
took and formed me, thumbs pressed
into the crevices of my body smile
dotted my lips by your hand born
into a lush world of grace.

Despite the missteps and blunders you
lifted me up raised my body over
and over you infused me with life
and I am toiling in your sun
so that I might live again.

No comments: