Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reconciled


For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. Colossians 1:19-20

The movie Love Story reminded everyone that "love is never having to say you are sorry". I knew better then and I know better now. The work of reconciliation is a life's work and love is not a stagnant object but rather a living, breathing, every changing reality. I woke up this morning and said I was sorry to my daughter for some cranky things I said. I probably didn't have to, but I love her and loving compels me to be reconciled with her and all those around me. Reconciliation is something we do at so many levels with so many people, it take courage and prayer to truly be reconciled.

Paul's words to the Colossians that Christ's life was the embodiment of God's reconciliation with all of us. The incarnation of love and forgiveness. The work that we find hardest to do, God in Christ found a way through all of the human bluster and comes close to all of us in one incarnate child of God.

Today, I want to remember that through one we are all children of a living God. We have much to reconcile, but God has led the way through Christ who took on our sins, small and large, and brought us forgiveness and a deepening of love. I pray that today I can live a life worthy of being a child of God. May I ask forgiveness and offer forgiveness whenever needed. May I be reconciled to all those around me. And may we all rejoice that we are reconciled to God.

No comments: