Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Mary Letters - Day 18


Remember your word to your servant,
   in which you have made me hope.
This is my comfort in my distress,
   that your promise gives me life.
The arrogant utterly deride me,
   but I do not turn away from your law.
When I think of your ordinances from of old,
   I take comfort, O Lord.
Hot indignation seizes me because of the wicked,
   those who forsake your law.
Your statutes have been my songs
   wherever I make my home.
I remember your name in the night, O Lord,   and keep your law.
This blessing has fallen to me,  for I have kept your precepts.


The Lord is my portion; I promise to keep your words.
I implore your favor with all my heart; be gracious to me according to your promise.
When I think of your ways, I turn my feet to your decrees;
I hurry and do not delay to keep your commandments.
Though the cords of the wicked ensnare me, I do not forget your law.
At midnight I rise to praise you, because of your righteous ordinances.
I am a companion of all who fear you, of those who keep your precepts.
The earth, O Lord, is full of your steadfast love; teach me your statutes.


You have dealt well with your servant, O Lord, according to your word.
Teach me good judgement and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments.
Before I was humbled I went astray, but now I keep your word.
You are good and do good; teach me your statutes.
The arrogant smear me with lies, but with my whole heart I keep your precepts.
Their hearts are fat and gross, but I delight in your law.
It is good for me that I was humbled, so that I might learn your statutes.
The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces.Psalm 119:49-72


Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

I am in a bad way. When we were journeying in the dark, the donkey lost his footing and I was thrown to the ground. I have bruises and scrapes everywhere! The baby seems to be fine but Joseph is very upset. He spent money to put us in a small inn, so I can recover for the rest of the journey. He doesn't want me to travel for the next few days but I want to push on! I want to get to Bethlehem and back before the baby comes. I want to be with Momma.

I admit I cried and behaved badly. The fall just brought the tears that I was holding back all day. It broke my spirit and despite the fact that no bones are broken, my heart is on the ground. Joseph was very kind and patient with me. We have both been so faithful and yet we seem attacked at every turn.

Right now I am resting as he has gone out to the market to get some food. He wants to travel in the daylight from now on so that we can travel faster, once we get on the road.  I am fine with that - anything to get there and home before the baby arrives.Please pray for us, as this is harder than I could have ever imagined.

Love

Mary

No comments: