Saturday, December 5, 2015

Mary Letters - Day 7

Then the Pharisees went and plotted to entrap Jesus in what he said. So they sent their disciples to him, along with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that you are sincere, and teach the way of God in accordance with truth, and show deference to no one; for you do not regard people with partiality. Tell us, then, what you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to the emperor, or not?" But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, "Why are you putting me to the test, you hypocrites? Show me the coin used for the tax." And they brought him a denarius. Then he said to them, "Whose head is this, and whose title?" They answered, "The emperor's." Then he said to them, "Give therefore to the emperor the things that are the emperor's, and to God the things that are God's." When they heard this, they were amazed; and they left him and went away. Matthew 22:15-22

Dear Auntie Elizabeth,
I heard the good news that your little miracle baby was born. Daddy reported that both of you were doing fine. That's so wonderful and it gives me such courage.  I know that if you can make it through the challenges then so can I. And there are certainly challenges ahead for me.
It has been decided that before things get too bad here, we will travel to Bethlehem, on the story that Joseph has to pay his taxes and take care of some other business. This isn't the best time for me to travel, but my folks think it will be better than waiting any longer. People here in this back water town are behaving terribly. Daddy and Joseph are afraid for our lives. If we go away for a bit on business, then maybe things will settle down when we return. 
In preparation for traveling, the ladies are helping me spin and sew so items for the baby in case he comes while we're on the road. God I hope not! They are also planning to give me instructions in what to do if the baby's birthing should happen when we are alone somewhere. Really? I keep praying that he will come once we return home! Anyway, the house is like a busy market right now, as all the ladies are talking and carrying on. But it is good for me and for Momma. It helps us not be so afraid.
Blessings to you and your little son. I  hope I can write from the road. It helps me remember all the things you said to me when we visited. You help me be brave!
love,
Mary

No comments: