Monday, November 30, 2020

Mary Letter - Day 2

1 Happy are they who have not walked in the counsel of the wicked, *
 nor lingered in the way of sinners, nor sat in the seats of the scornful! 
2 Their delight is in the law of the Lord, *
 and they meditate on his law day and night. 
3 They are like trees planted by streams of water, bearing fruit in due season, 
with leaves that do not wither; * 
everything they do shall prosper. 
4 It is not so with the wicked; * 
they are like chaff which the wind blows away. 
5 Therefore the wicked shall not stand upright when judgment comes, *
 nor the sinner in the council of the righteous. 
6 For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, * 
but the way of the wicked is doomed. Psalm 1

Dearest Elizabeth,

Thank you for your fast reply. Your words comforted me so much. I have been doing as you suggested, walking out among creation and praying the psalms whenever I get fearful. Which is, truthfully, all the time. Papa and Mama have softened up some. They really don't know what to do, any more than I do. They talk at night in whispers and sometimes I hear Mama cry. I am hoping to come and see you soon. Time away before I get too big to travel might be good for everybody. 

We have been having some very hot days here. I was never bothered by the heat but now everything bothers me. Heat and cold, all make me so uncomfortable. And food is a problem sometimes. Mama tells me to eat little meals often. That works sometimes and other moments, nothing will stay down. 
When Papa is not around, Mama tells me story of her own time of carrying a child. When she tells me these stories, I feel so close to her. We both tiptoe around Papa, as he is trying to protect me, but doesn't know to feel. He is planning to have a "talk" with Joseph. My marriage is probably doomed. How can doing what is right for God, be so very difficult? I don't even understand why I was chosen. I am a mess, but I didn't do a thing. Everyone suspects otherwise. They think I did something very bad. What a mess! Pray for me, please, and write back!

love,

Mary