Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Revealed to Infants





At that time Jesus said, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:25-30 (NRSV)







O Great Creator, lover of innocence ones
you held us before being in the cradle board
you sustained us as we learned how to walk
and caress us in our very last hours here.

We busy our selves with gaining skill
and lord our accomplishments over others
yet you know us as the same small fragile ones
and ache for us to be tender and kind again.

The world is overrun with hurt and anger
our carelessness and selfishness is showing
yet you remind us today to be as little ones
with hearts open to your beautiful blessings.

Help us to come to you with our burdens
to lean in to your love and you respite
give us the power to accept your teaching
and help us to rest in your abiding love. Amen.




No comments: