Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Clear Vision



And he took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village, and when he had spit on his eyes and laid his hands on him, he asked him, “Do you see anything?” And he looked up and said, “I see men, but they look like trees, walking.” Then Jesus laid his hands on his eyes again; and he opened his eyes, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. Mark 8:33-35

On days when it seems like I am fighting an uphill battle, I am encouraged when I remember that when Jesus healed people, there was often a progression to clear vision or complete healing. Things are not always as final as they seem, nor as bleak or incomplete for that matter. So for today, here is a poem for facing trials.

All my Trials

I am no lawyer no
and I have no one
to represent me to plead
my case, sound my cause
carry the alarm to the village.

I have no defense and
I am guilty of being human
fragile, frail, scared
and completely overwhelmed.

Dark clouds, inky black skies
it doesn't look good
the rough winds are arising
and it doesn't feel good neither.

I am sitting by the road
head in hands dust clouds
my blankets, worry my only friend.

You walk down the road
you bend to meet me
ask me my name ask me
what do you need?

I want to see and you try
you spit in my eyes and it's cloudy
there's something but not
everything yet.

Yet you do not walk on
but bend again clear water
cool and promising you touch
and I am no longer blind.

I am no lawyer nor am I
blind anymore.
I can see clearly although you
disappear from my sight I am strong
enough to run to the village
strong enough to tell my story loud.

No comments: