Thursday, May 20, 2010

Take heart


And getting into a boat he crossed over and came to his own city. And behold, some people brought to him a paralytic, lying on a bed. And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Take heart, my son; your sins are forgiven.” Matthew 9:1-3

Take Heart

I have been lying here so long burnt
by the sun and rain soaked waiting
to put my legs under me and run.

When I dream feet and legs fly
through forest winged fast night running
I am movement and fearless.

Waking I see the sorrow in you eyes shaded
lifting me from this stained palate washing
away grim and foul dark emissions dependent
on other I smile silently weeping.

I am broken yes not dead others
pass by afraid to look fearing becoming
frozen to the bed like me.

I ache to be touched
told a story
sung a song.

I wish to hold you
tell you my dreams
and sing you my secrets.

I am more that this shattered pot this
saggy wreck of a structure grace and
balance still within me rattle around
looking for a foothold.

You look at me and know tender
and broken I am fiercely strong
my heart jealous of the movers legs
I covet muscle I would steal.

You come and touch forgiving my angry
heart made whole sensation returned
tears cascade for life is returning
I have no voice but my feet sing your song.

No comments: