Saturday, December 10, 2016

Advent 2016 Mary Letter Day 13



 ‘Simon, Simon, listen! Satan has demanded to sift all of you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your own faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.’ And he said to him, ‘Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death!’ Jesus said, ‘I tell you, Peter, the cock will not crow this day, until you have denied three times that you know me.’
 He said to them, ‘When I sent you out without a purse, bag, or sandals, did you lack anything?’ They said, ‘No, not a thing.’ He said to them, ‘But now, the one who has a purse must take it, and likewise a bag. And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one. For I tell you, this scripture must be fulfilled in me, “And he was counted among the lawless”; and indeed what is written about me is being fulfilled.’ They said, ‘Lord, look, here are two swords.’ He replied, ‘It is enough.’  Luke 22:31-38



Dear Auntie,

It looks tomorrow is the day. We will begin our travel at twilight, and travel with Hannah to her house for a night or two. I feel betrayed by her! She seemed to have agreed with Mama that I am troubled and over-zealous for God. They both think I'm delusional. I get it. The story seems impossible, that God would use me to bring the child of the Almighty into the world. But I have seen the impossible when I was with you. A silent husband and a pregnant elder - God has a sense of humor in all of this and no one seems to understand.

Well, I better get busy with packing. They have secured a set of mules to carry me and our belongings on this trip. We have a few nights on the road when we sill stay with friends and family. Hannah would have us stay for a better part of the week but Joseph thinks we need to get on our way and I agree with him. They don't seem to listen to either of us, but oh well, we will gird ourselves and remember all of God's promises. Some days the small mindedness of people weakens my resolve but then there is a beautiful sunset and I cannot do anything but pray and trust that Yahweh goes along with us.

love you,

Mary

No comments: