Monday, December 5, 2016

Advent 2016 Mary Letter Day 8


Jesus said, “When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. Then those in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those inside the city must leave it, and those out in the country must not enter it; for these are days of vengeance, as a fulfillment of all that is written. Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing infants in those days! For there will be great distress on the earth and wrath against this people; they will fall by the edge of the sword and be taken away as captives among all nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
“There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on the earth distress among nations confused by the roaring of the sea and the waves. People will faint from fear and foreboding of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see ‘the Son of Man coming in a cloud’ with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to take place, stand up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” Luke 21:20-28

Dear Auntie,

I am so frightened! Last night old friends of my parents stopped by after returning from a trip to the cities. They told us that there are armed soldiers everywhere and they said it felt like a city at war. Little Bethlehem wasn't much better. The official word is that the soldiers are there for crowd control since so many will be flooding in to be registered. They recommended that we be very circumspect as we travel. We too will join that crowd in a war zone! Pappa and Joseph stayed up late last night plotting our trip and trying to figure the safest way for us to go. Of course, they excluded me from the conversation. I could help and I will be one of the two people traveling!

I am getting larger and larger by the day. I have totally lost my center of gravity and balance is a big problem, as is getting up from a chair. I am also growing very pale as I am inside so much. When I try to go outside in the sunshine Mama blocked the door with her substantial body. I may be big right now but I am no match for Mama!

Please keep us in your prayers as it looks we will be going sooner than later. The trip is now longer with stops with relatives and friends along the way. I really want to get there quickly so I can get home to have this child, but the men seem to know what's best for me. I'm praying for patience!

much love,

Mary

No comments: