Thursday, December 21, 2023

Mary Letter Day Seventeen


1 The Lord, the God of gods, has spoken; * 
he has called the earth from the rising 
of the sun to its setting. 
 2 Out of Zion, perfect in its beauty, *
 God reveals himself in glory. 
3 Our God will come and 
will not keep silence; * 
before him there is a consuming flame, 
and round about him a raging storm. 
 4 He calls the heavens
 and the earth from above * 
to witness the judgment of his people. 
 5 "Gather before me my loyal followers, * 
those who have made a covenant 
with me and sealed it with sacrifice." 
 6 Let the heavens declare 
the rightness of his cause; * 
for God himself is judge. 
 7 Hear, O my people, and I will speak:
 "O Israel, I will bear witness against you; * 
for I am God, your God. 
 8 I do not accuse you because of your sacrifices; * 
your offerings are always before me. 
 9 I will take no bull-calf from your stalls, * 
nor he-goats out of your pens; 
 10 For all the beasts of the forest are mine, * 
the herds in their thousands upon the hills. 
 11 I know every bird in the sky, * 
and the creatures of the fields are in my sight. 
 12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you, * 
for the whole world is mine and all that is in it. 
 13 Do you think I eat the flesh of bulls, * 
or drink the blood of goats? 
 14 Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving * 
and make good your vows to the Most High. Psalm 50:1-14

Dear Mama and Papa,

This last day of travel was quite easier since the ground was more level and the roads well trod. The roads are very busy, close to the city and people are rushing about all hours of the day and night. There are more soldiers along the roads as well, and so far they do not bother us except to check our papers. It seems quite silly to me that we have to show papers in our homelands, the place our families have been for so many generations. We keep to ourselves, go slow and steady, and stop as often as we can. Joseph is worried that I am not eating enough, but there doesn't seem to be much room anywhere in my body. This baby has taken up so much space I sometimes find it hard to breathe.

Later today we will walk the last few hours into the city and Joseph will secure an inn for us. I hope he can find us a nice soft bed. All this traveling has made my bones weary and my hips aching. I can feel the little one moving inside me still, although the massive amounts of kicking have stopped. I'm sure it's very crowded for him too.  I'm sure we'll find a wonderful place to rest while Joseph takes care of the registration and taxes. Then we'll be heading back home to you. I have to admit I miss you both so much and miss our home. This journey has taught me such gratitude for a wonderful home and family. I have witnessed much suffering, poverty and isolation. The occupying armies are cruel to those who have no homes, torturing and enslaving them.

Pray for us that the registration goes fast and that we can hurry home!

love,

Mary

No comments: