Thursday, December 28, 2023

Mary Letter Day Twenty Three


1 Why are the nations 
in an uproar? * 
Why do the peoples 
mutter empty threats? 
2 Why do the kings of the 
earth rise up in revolt, 
and the princes plot together, * 
against the Lord 
and against his Anointed? 
3 "Let us break their yoke," they say; * 
"let us cast off their bonds from us." 
4 He whose throne is 
in heaven is laughing; * 
the Lord has them in derision. 
5 Then he speaks to them in his wrath, * 
and his rage fills them with terror. 
6 "I myself have set my king * 
upon my holy hill of Zion." 
7 Let me announce the decree of the Lord: * 
he said to me, "You are my Son; 
this day have I begotten you. 
8 Ask of me, and I will give you 
the nations for your inheritance * 
and the ends of the earth for your possession. 
 9 You shall crush them with an iron rod * 
and shatter them like a piece of pottery." 
10 And now, you kings, be wise; * 
be warned, you rulers of the earth. 
11 Submit to the Lord with fear, * 
and with trembling bow before him; 
12 Lest he be angry and you perish; * 
for his wrath is quickly kindled. Psalm 2

Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

After enjoying several walks with the baby, I was alerted by Anna to stay indoors, hidden, for the next few days. Somehow the occupying government heard that there was a boy born to be king and the Emperor has sent soldiers to destroy him. I am so scared! Who would send soldiers to kill children? What kind of monster sees a baby as a threat. We are not terrorists, but we are hiding here in this barn, praying that they don't find my precious little one. The animals are pretty noisy so hopefully they will cover the sounds of a baby. Anna has also cleared the loft of this barn and laid out a straw bed for us so we can sleep and hide up there. She and her husband have been wonderful to us, and I don't know how to repay her. I have to believe that God provided this unusual place because the people were so good. The accommodations really don't matter if the folks around are loving and kind.

Joseph didn't go out today because he feels he wants to stay and protect us. He believes that soldiers could follow him here and find the baby. He is probably right, although it is another delay for our paperwork. Keeping this little boy alive is more important than anything! The Lord put him within me and gave us charge to keep hi8m safe. That is what we'll do, although, I feel so unprepared. Everything we have needed our Lord has provided. I have to remember that.

Joseph is a perfect example of a doting father. When the baby cries, he picks him up and walks him around singing all the while. He takes the child from me when I look tired and tells me to sleep. I know he wants the baby all to hi8mself! 

Auntie, pray that we can be kept safe in the coming days. I hear the feet of the soldiers, and the clank of their weapons passing by and wonder when they will find us. It is so very frightening! So far, we are safe, and I pray it will stay that way.

Love,

Mary

No comments: