Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Mary Letter Day Four

                                                                                    1 At all times I will bless the LORD; *

 whose praise shall ever be in my mouth. 
2 I will glory in the LORD; * 
let the humble hear and rejoice. 
3 Proclaim with me 
the greatness of the LORD; * 
let us exalt the Name 
of the LORD together. 
4 I sought the LORD, 
who answered me * 
and delivered me out of all my terror. 
5 Look upon the LORD and be radiant, * 
and let not your faces be ashamed. 
6 I called in my affliction 
and the LORD heard me * 
and saved me from all my troubles. 
7 The angel of the LORD 
encompasses the God-fearing, * 
and the LORD will deliver them. 
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good: * 
happy are they who trust in the LORD!
 Psalm 34:1-8


Dear Auntie Elizabeth,

I have so much to tell you! I am amazed at how things have changed in the past few days! When I wrote you last, things were a mess and I felt so alone. I do trust God, and believe what the angel said, but everyone around me was so mean and not listening to me. Well, listen to this! Joseph came over yesterday and shocked us all. I thought he was there to severe our engagement. Instead, he called us all together and told us that he too had a dream. Can you believe it! He wants to marry me and wants to raise the child I have. An angel told him that this was all from God, and no man's doing. And, even better, he told my parents that God really prizes me and I am to be a blessing to the whole world. They were dumbfounded! It took a while for Mama and Papa to say anything, but we were all in tears - tears of great joy!

At this point have not made any plans for getting married, but we want to have a ceremony well before the baby arrives. Mama came into my room after Joseph left and apologized for not believing me. We hugged and cried and laughed. She is going to see if she can find a wise woman and midwife from some other village to attend to me. She also wants to make baby clothes and teach me everything I need to know about being a mother. I cannot believe how things have changed! God has been faithful, even when everything seemed so very dark and painful. 

Auntie, Papa and Mama also think it's a good idea for me to come and visit with you for a while. They know we have grown very close, Mama said, "since you're both carrying miracles, you should have a visit and compare notes!" I think they want me out of their hair for a while, so they can figure out how to keep me safe. Other folks are not so understanding, according to Papa. Can't wait to see you!

Love,

Mary




No comments: