Saturday, December 13, 2014

Mary Letter - Day 13 - A New Morning

I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up, and did not let my foes rejoice over me.
Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.
Lord, you brought up my soul from Sheol, restored me to life from among those gone down to the Pit.

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his faithful ones,  and give thanks to his holy name.
For his anger is but for a moment; his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

As for me, I said in my prosperity, I shall never be moved.’ By your favor, O Lord,
   you had established me as a strong mountain; you hid your face; I was dismayed.

To you, O Lord, I cried, and to the Lord I made supplication: ‘What profit is there in my death,
   if I go down to the Pit? Will the dust praise you?  Will it tell of your faithfulness?  Hear, O Lord, and be gracious to me! O Lord, be my helper!’

You have turned my mourning into dancing; you have taken off my sackcloth
   and clothed me with joy, so that my soul may praise you and not be silent.
   O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you for ever. Psalm 30

Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

For some reason I woke this morning with joy in my heart. The baby was very active and as day was breaking, it was if he was dancing in the sunlight. I feel much stronger than I have in several days. We had a huge breakfast - I swear Miriam is trying to make me explode! Today we talked about continuing our journey now that both of us have healed and been rested. They have been so kind to us here that it would be very tempting to stay. None of the arguments and anxiety from home have followed us here. I pray for Momma and Papa all the time, knowing they have had a huge burden to  bear. But they also treated me like a child most often, when now I am grown, married and obviously pregnant.

Joseph and I have more alone talked about getting back to our journey. We need to find our way to Bethlehem and back before the child arrives. The woman Rachel comes to see me several times a day. She thinks my delivery date  will be sooner than we had thought. Makes it all the more important for us to get on the road. After I told Joseph what Rachel had said about what to expect during the birth, he is even more anxious to get underway! The last thing he wants to do is deliver a baby! So, Auntie, we will get underway again soon, But for now, I am reveling in the simple joys a sunny day brings. Haven't felt this happy and relaxed in a good long time. And I know I have gained weight while I have been here! I only hope the little one is being fed and strengthened for the journey.

Much love,

Mary

No comments: