Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Mary letter - Day 24 - Bring You Home


I will take you from among all nations; and gather you from all lands to bring you home.
I will sprinkle clean water upon you; and purify you from false gods and uncleanness.
A new heart I will give you and a new spirit put within you.
I will take the stone heart from your chest and give you a heart of flesh.
I will help you walk in my laws and cherish my commandments and do them.
You shall be my people, and I will be your God.
Canticle: A Song of Ezekiel
Ezekiel 36:24-28

Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

We made it to Bethlehem but it is so crowded here! It's like nothing I have ever seen before. People everywhere, like a murmuring sea, and lots of pushing and shoving. People jostling and shouting, and nowhere for us to stay. I have had some pains, although I am not due for another few weeks.  Joseph is so panicked that he arranged for us to stay in the barn of an inn. He is so afraid for me and the baby. I am sure these pains will stop. I am sure it is just the crowds and the noise because all this excitement can't be good for me. I just want to make it home to deliver this child. I want to be with Momma and Papa when he comes. I want to be home, right now actually. The pains are coming every ten minutes or so and Joseph has sent for some wise women that the Inn keeper's wife knows. Unfortunately, it means he has left me alone with the cows and the pigs. It smells atrocious, but I guess it is warm. They have made a little bed of straw for me, which is remarkably comfortable, but the cows are not happy with me, laying on their feed. Someone from the inn has brought me some tea, and they promise to check on me until Joseph returns.

Auntie, I want to get home so I can share the joy with Momma and Papa. They have suffered so much I think that  this new life, promised by God will bring them new life too. I can't think too clearly right now, but I just know it's going to be wonderful. Today I feel kind of miserable, but I am sure it will be better soon. Pray for us, so that these false pains will subside and I can make it home with my husband. I hope he doesn't take too much longer as things keep getting worse when he's not around.

love to all

Mary.

No comments: