Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Mary Letter - Day 31 - Light of the World




Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life." Then the Pharisees said to him, "You are testifying on your own behalf; your testimony is not valid." Jesus answered, "Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid because I know where I have come from and where I am going, but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. You judge by human standards; I judge no one. Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is valid; for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me. In your law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is valid. I testify on my own behalf, and the Father who sent me testifies on my behalf." Then they said to him, "Where is your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also." John 8:12-19 


Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

The days here in Bethlehem seem so quiet and yet so complete. The care of a small child is all consuming but I have plenty of help. It is wonderful to have so many women around who dote on him, and I know I will be overwhelmed when I need to care for him by myself. The women are teaching me so much, and day by day I feel stronger and stronger. They don't want me to push too hard, and some almost baby me. Joseph has been busy with the legal things he needs to resolve. Hopefully we will be heading home soon. 

My little one is so amazing. I watch as people look at him. Somehow he lights up their faces, they smile more easily and laugh comfortably in his presence. The children they bring to visit smile and giggle all the time. He has such an influence on people already!  I know most people melt in the presence of a newborn, but I know this baby is extraordinary! I am so blessed and so full of hope and joy these days.

Much love

Mary

No comments: