Friday, December 26, 2014

Mary Letter - Day 26 -My Strong Rock


In you, O LORD, have I taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.
Incline your ear to me; make haste to deliver me.
Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe,for you are my crag and my stronghold;for the sake of your Name, lead me and guide me.
Take me out of the net that they have secretly set for me, for you are my tower of strength.
Into your hands I commend my spirit, for you have redeemed me, O LORD, O God of truth. Psalm 31:1-5
Dear Aunt Elizabeth,

I can hardly believe it, I am a mother! These were not the circumstances I had imagined, and I was so upset when the pains came, but everything turned out fine. He is so beautiful and so small. He's perfect. I can spend hours just looking at him and marveling at what God has created. From within me has come this amazing gift. Most of the time Joseph and I just take turns holding him, except when I have to feed him. Joseph is willing to help with everything, and hasn't stopped smiling since the birth!

The wise women have been back since I delivered and have thoroughly checked me out. They say I am fine and that my body is mending well. The Inn keepers wife, Dinah, gathered up diapers and others things needed for the baby. Everyone was so generous. I didn't bring too much with me because I thought I would return home before he was born. But never mind, this is fine and we are having a fabulous time despite the fact that we are in a barn surrounded by cows, pigs, sheep and a few chickens. They have made room for us, as if we belong here and are generally pretty quiet when he is sleeping. Folks from the neighborhood come by to see him. Everyone heard of the shepherds visiting and want to see for themselves. The star rising had made them even more curious, as it seems to have settled over us at night. It all feels very miraculous and wonderful.

Auntie, I am sorry if I didn't trust God with all of this. It was so hard on the road, so far from home, so confusing and frustrating. Somehow now it seems to make some sense. I am sure you feel the same way. They have sent word to Momma and Papa and hopefully they will come to see us here. I am told not to take another trip until my body is healed more.

Much love

Mary

No comments: